Waiting to hear back
We put in an offer on the Fairview Park house on Thursday, May 28th. We met with our realtor that night around 6:30 to write the offer and sign a whole bunch of papers! I didn’t realize that once an offer is accepted, you have to do the inspection within 7 days. That is quick! I better start searching the American Society of Home Inspectors for someone who will do a thorough inspection for us! Once we finished all the paperwork with our realtor Glenn, we were anxiously waiting to hear back until Friday night. I was going nuts at work all day Friday, waiting for the phone to ring!! It was no surprise that the sellers countered because Jeff and I did offer $14,000 less than the asking price! (along with asking them to pay the closing costs.) But hey, why not make the first offer low? You can’t go any lower after that! After we heard the seller’s counter offer, we came back at $5,000 higher than our original offer.
I really hope they accept this time!! I don’t want to pay much more than what we had offered the second time around. I definitely think the house is worth it though, it’s a great house! We have already mentally moved in and started trying to decide what color to paint the kitchen and what we would have to buy that we don’t have yet (like lawn mower, oven, etc). Out of all the houses we have seen, I think this has the best location. It’s close to shopping, but it’s tucked back in this quiet development and the neighborhood seems very nice. I’m crossing my fingers that we get it! Our realtor did call us today and say that we should hear back on our offer sometime tomorrow. Can’t wait!
Entry filed under: The Offer.