August 7, 2009 at 1:18 pm 1 comment

Life has been way too busy lately and I’m really feeling stressed.  Sure I’m excited about moving into our home, but there has been a lot to do prior to the move.  Here is a run down of the last few days:

  • Saturday 8/1 we got to the house around 11:30 am or so.  To save time we picked up Subway and ate it standing up in the kitchen.  We went to Lowe’s and bought new heating vents, an outside trash can, and a few other items.  Soon after we got back, my sister in law Gina and her fiancé Shawn came over.  We showed them the place and Shawn sprayed inside and out for bugs.  They went to Baskin Robbins with Jeff and I stayed back to clean, then my sister and brother came over.  I showed them the place and they helped to clean the kitchen – sweep, swiffer, clean the refrigerator and cabinets, etc.  It was very helpful!!  They left close to 6:30 and then Jeff and I went home for dinner.  We came back to the house after dinner to paint the first coat of “arctic stone” in the office.  So Saturday we were pretty much there the whole day.
  • On Sunday 8/2 I met Jeff and 2 of his bandmates at the house after they had practice.  It was about 2:30 or so.  We put the painting tape all around the kitchen, put the rosin paper down to cover the floors, and I attempted to clean the walls a bit and spackle a few holes.  After that they painted the primer on the walls and I tried to put shelf liner in the hall closet only to discover I didn’t have enough for all the shelves so I didn’t put any on at all!  I also did a little cleaning.
  • Monday 8/3 we went to the house after dinner and Jeff removed all the old caulk from the tub and I put shelf liner in the bathroom cabinet.  We decided we needed a break from painting so we didn’t do any that day.  Jeff also discovered that the tub faucet was leaking in two spots so we have to get that taken care of!
  • Tuesday 8/4 we left work about 45 minutes early, picked up some food and headed to the house to paint.  We painted the kitchen one coat of a lovely color called dusty leaf.  I would say it took about three hours!  The kitchen was not easy to paint at all, there were a lot of small spaces and we had to be really careful of the cabinets and counters.  I ended up getting a little paint on the cabinets but I wiped it up right away so it should be fine.  I think Jeff definitely did more painting than me.  I kept feeling tired after not getting much sleep the night before and a long day of work.

    Jeff painting

  • Wednesday 8/5 we had to leave work to meet Roto Rooter at the house at about noon.  They gave us an estimate on installing a new tub facet, and 2 other minor things.  It’s sure not cheap being a homeowner!!  Later after work Jeff and I headed to Sears.  We finally picked out our washer, dryer, and oven!  We had looked around at a few stores before, but we decided we had to pick them out and order them that day because we needed to have them soon after we moved in (which is Friday).  We decided on a Kenmore oven, and a GE profile washer and dryer.  They are going to be delivered on Saturday and I can’t wait to try them out!  After shopping we headed home for dinner and then spent the rest of the night packing and doing laundry.

It still feels like there is a lot of packing to do!  The movers are coming bright and early at 8am this Friday.  I am really not a morning person and my normal schedule has me going to bed between 1:00 and 1:30 am.  We couldn’t get a later time scheduled though.  I will have to try to get to bed early tonight or take a nap on Friday!  We still need to put a second coat of paint in the office that we never had time to do yet.  I wanted that to be done before we moved in but it didn’t happen!  It’s always easier to paint when the room is empty, now it’s going to be more of a hassle.  I will be sure to post more pics and details of our painting adventures soon!

Until next time, this is Kim “signing off”!


Entry filed under: Decorating, Moving.

Closing All moved in

1 Comment Add your own

  • 1. lanette woll  |  August 9, 2009 at 3:43 am

    Congratulations Homeowners!!!

    Yeah, its a lot of work for sure, as you are finding out! But it is well worth it in the end, and you two are really off to a great start and you are doing a really good job of everything!
    Once you get everything moved out of the old house, it will seem a lot less chaotic!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Trackback this post  |  Subscribe to the comments via RSS Feed

Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.


Recent Posts

Blog Stats

  • 18,326 hits
Come see me at WMC Fest 2012!

%d bloggers like this: